- Added piping to neck/back.
- Futzed around with the sleeve to make sure it was 1.25" larger than armscye.
- Handpicked centered zipper.
- Too much separation at center so handpicked again.
- Not even enough so handpicked a THIRD time.
- Had my husband take these pictures and fought the urge to just set the dress on fire.
Oh, the wrinkles. It actually looks okay from the front - no wrinkling.
But, oh, the back.
The dress doesn't feel at all tight and I double checked that the underlining is smooth against the fabric. It is. After several days of deep breaths and side-long looks at the dress as it cowered on the futon in my sewing room, I think the issue is that the stretch cotton just can't stretch AT ALL even with the underlining cut on the bias. I also think that the centered zipper doesn't look nice here. I don't know if it's my application or the fabric (I've certainly had some practice at this stage), but I think I'm going to switch to an invisible zipper.
But what to do about this??? I'm hoping that rear bump/zipper buckle will be fixed by a new zipper. Not sure what to do about the weird hemline .
Mostly, I'm starting to lose faith that this dress is for me.
Thoughts? Advice? Commiseration?