Butterick 5073 was my half of a barter agreement that I made with my friend, the lovely Terri Falvey. Terri is a graphic designer and copywriter. I wanted a new logo for my business cards, clothig labels (still working on those), and website, but didn't have the cash to pay for it. I did have the time, however, to sew something. We found the pattern in Maddie Mod Patterns (lots of cute patterns - you should check it out!) on Etsy and the fabric came from Girl Charlee (now sold out). I must admit that Terri completed her side of the bargain long before (as in months) I completed my half of the bargain. But I did indeed get it to her in time for the end of summer and transition into fall.
The collar really makes this jumpsuit. I debated if I should follow the direction on the collar closure and finally did. There are four hooks and eyes that close it up the back, and I sandwiched them as far as I could into the seam allowance. I wanted to make sure that the closure was as invisible as possible from both sides (you turn the collar over), and I didn't think an invisible zipper would fold nicely. I'm somewhat happy with the way this turned out, but any suggestions would be appreciated!
As for the WIP Elisalex dress, I did manage to squeeze in some work this weekend in spite of having a fair amount of family stuff on the schedule. To my everlengthening list of completed tasks on this dress I can now add:
- Received 1/8" cord.
- Made piping.
- Handstitched and then machine sewed piping to bodice.
- Hand basted skirt to bodice.
- Took out stitches and stitched again to get a better match up.
- Repeat again.
- Almost gave up and did it one more time for a good match.
- Sewed in stay tape to neck and shoulders.
- Sewed shoulder seam.
- Sewed center back seam to bottom of zipper.
Next up, more piping then sleeves and zippers! I watched these two sections of the class at 6am the past two mornings so that I'm all ready (and now raring) to go. For now, I'm back to wedding dress construction . . .