I finished Maria's skirts, and I'm happy with how they turned out. The first is a chevron jersey skirt (the style I practiced by making my own). I got very nervous at the last minute that it wouldn't fit well because the fabric wasn't as stretchy as my practice skirt (which I had her try on to judge size), but it all worked out so my jitters were for naught. I love the fabric she chose (an Ella Moss Rayon Striped Jersey from Hart's fabric - now out of stock):
I did a fold-over yoga waistband on this one instead of elastic. Maria liked it enough to order a second one, so that's good news. And I am working on the tutorial, but it's harder to write up than I expected. I'll get it out soon, promise!
Maria's second skirt was a simple A-line which we mixed up by added a band of solid fabric and then a band of the main fabric, but in the reverse direction from the rest of the skirt. The fabric is Joel Dewberry's Heirloom Marble Stripe in Green:
I also made a dress for Cora a week or so ago. Getting photos proved difficult as she's decided she's not sure she likes the dress (humpf), but here's my reluctant model:
I've got a number of things in the works, including a new handbag style (for Jill), a linen skirt (for Eileen), skirts for a new client (Stephanie), and a dress for myself that I hope to finish in time to submit it to the Burdastyle Summer Sewing Challenge. I sure hope my bad luck is cured.
Have a great week!